Are you one of those people with millions of photos on your computer that you just haven't gotten around to printing yet? I've fallen victim to the digital graveyard more than once with a crashed computer. However, I always had a hard time printing out each photo. Sure, that shot may tell part of a story about a trip or experience, but it just doesn't stand on its own enough to warrant the huge effort of printing out (and storing it in a box that will hide under our coffee table for another few years until it sees the light of day). Plus, I hate those huge, bulky photo albums. Plastic sleeves, no thanks. And I've never been one to properly align the sticky plastic sheet back and often wear out the tackiness by the time I smooth out the wrinkles.
Enter MyPublisher, a program that lets you create customized bound books. I've used MyPublisher for a number of projects, from small paperback books (5.75"x7.75") to the classic & deluxe hardcover books (upwards of 11.5"x15"). When I first started using this, their templates for page layouts were pretty rigid, but the upgraded version now allows for complete flexibility. I've heard others using similar programs, like Shutterfly, but my heart is with MyPublisher. I get discounts and promotions e-mailed to me a few times each month, and the prices are already fair to begin with. Plus, I have a bookshelf of all of my projects, so if I ever lose a book--not that I would ever be so careless of course--I can buy a new one without doing the work over.
Here's a shot from a small paperback I made on our trip to Florida last summer:
Here's a peek at a bigger book I made as a Christmas present to family members after our trip to Hawaii in September:
So photos, fear no more. You will not be forgotten along with old school papers and Excel budget sheets from 2003. Welcome to your new home.
Ashley.
"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" --Ansel Adams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment